I specialise in gathering and communicating qualitative information.
- How people behave and what they think.
- What they choose to do, to buy, to watch.
- How often, when, where, why.
- What they see and what they don’t see.
- Where they get their information.
- Their likes and dislikes.
- How they feel about things.
- The language they use, their motivations and priorities.
- Their experiences: at retail, at leisure, at home.
How I get this information:
I get this information primarily by talking to people, in a wide range of settings: face-to-face, on the telephone, off-line and on-line.
- standard focus groups
- online focus groups
- extended creative focus groups
- individual or paired depth interviews
- telephone depth interviews
- professional and business-to-business interviews
- medical interviews
- accompanied shopping
- ethnographic observation: in home, at retail, at leisure
- trade fair footfall and visitor feedback
- ideation workshops
- Comprehensive and well-illustrated documentation of the findings.
- Further analysis and interpretation – psychology & motivation, consumer need-states, brand-mapping, communication guidelines etc – varies with the objectives and with the scale of the project.
For in-depth psychological research I work with a psychologist using a tried and tested procedure (C-MAP: Collaborative Motivation Analysis Procedure). Get in touch if you want to know more.
I can provide professional film and sound services (Videoshorts), for promotional video or for moving image presentation. Get in touch if you want to know more.